Please can we have the ability to edit 2 or more files side by side? On iPad Pro this would work great.
I realize this is probably a lot of work for a minority of users, but having parinfer support for Lisps (especially Clojure in my case) would make Textastic on iOS incredible. I could start using an iPad as my primary development environment.
I would happily contribute money towards this if it were possible to sponsor features.
As a web developer, I would love to see a feature in the next future update that adds a "split view" so that I can see the design of the website on one side while I code it on the other. I use Adobe Dreamweaver on my Mac and it has a feature like this. I use Textastic when coding from my iPad and I would love to see a feature like this.
Did you know there is NO iOS app that formats (specifically, Beautifies) HTML, CSS, etc? I
As the iPad is poised to become a laptop replacement, I'm hoping these features can be added to Textastic to make coding workflows much easier than having to copy and paste and visit a website to do it online....one file at a time.
I am developing simple HTML/CSS/PHP websites solely on my iPad Pro. The workflow is still not convenient, but it is possible. I hope my suggestions are useful.
Thank you, again, for the finest text editing app for iPad. I only use DraftCode because of my PHP development, but if not for that....Textastic would be my only app! I appreciate your efforts very much! Vielen dank!
Not sure whether this is a question or a feature request but here goes:
My workflow; sftp server (mac-mini) files to ipad, edit using textastic, upload changes to server and run against node using ssh and the prompt app. test the changes using ios safari.
The part that works less well for me is trying to keep the server in sync. Is there an easy way to manage [added|deleted] [files|folders]? I am thinking a sync button which i can associate with a folder and it uses the local copy as the master (only local changes occur).
If this isn't currently possible then might i suggest a queue of pending ftp commands which watches for local changes? This could be managed by setting a folder as a "project" and then the "project" button could show a list of projects with an option to upload or download (completely replace local copy).
A spin off of this could be the ability to launch the preview browser in remote mode at the index.html of the project. This would save me app switching.
Or do i have the workflow all wrong?
Makes all the servers I connect to available on all my devices without recreating them manually. My connections change often, as do my devices depending on my travel and expected locations. Delete a server connection and it deletes on all devices. Create a server connection and it shows on all devices.
I use “>Prompt 2” by Panic, Inc. for command line work on servers. All connections are synced between devices automatically.
- new user interface designed to match iOS 7
- added syntax definitions for Arduino, Batch files, Clojure, Fountain, and Go
- UI themes: blue, gray, and black
- dark keyboard support
- new external keyboard shortcuts:
- Cmd-N: create new file/folder
- Cmd-F: toggle find/replace
- Cmd-W: close current file
- Alt-Cmd-P: toggle preview
- Alt-Cmd-I: toggle file properties popover
- Alt-Cmd-T: toggle symbol list popover
- Alt-Cmd-Up Arrow: upload current file
- Alt-Cmd-Down Arrow: download current file
- Cmd-I: toggle italics (works in Markdown and HTML files)
- Cmd-B: toggle boldface (works in Markdown and HTML files)
- Cmd-U: toggle underline (works in HTML files)
- redesigned theme selection:
- There’s now a preview image on the left side of each theme. This is generated on demand using the current font settings and also works with custom themes.
- Changed sort order: light themes are now displayed before dark themes.
- added an option to hide the column/line information
- Textastic now clears the url cache when the application starts. This allows you to clear outdated server responses when using the remote preview feature by restarting the app.
- updated TextExpander SDK - you can now refresh snippets from the settings screen
- updated Dropbox SDK
- fixed a regular expression search issue when searching for escaped strings like “\n”
- fixed crashes that could happen when a hardware keyboard is used
- fixed VoiceOver issues
- fixed line ending issues when sending text files as an email attachment
- many, many other minor bug fixes
Is it possible to add a more event listeners for external keyboards? Maybe something like cmd+tab to switch between recent files so one don't has to move away his hand from the keyboard for switching. Would improve production significantly.
Customer support service by UserEcho