Textastic on iOS 8 / iPhone 6 (plus)
Are you planning to release an update to better support iOS 8?
The current version of Textastic seems to work on my brand new iPhone 6+, but I think it deserves an "optimized" version, to make the most of the extra pixels and extra screen surface :-).
Here are, in my opinion, some things that could be improved:
- Decrease font size/height in file-choosers, to be able to display more files
- Upper and lower menus could be made significantly smaller, to save valuable space
- Maybe have a landscape iPhone 6+ dedicated mode, with a mini file-chooser on the left and the edit pane on the right (like on the iPad version)
- In landscape mode, the extra icon line (above the keyboard) does not take all the available room, which could be improved either by adding extra icons, or by increasing their size (by the way, why not implement a fully customized keyboard, now that Apple accepts this?)
- In landscape mode, the file transfer screen could be made to fit entirely on one screen, especially on iPhone 6+
That's it for today, I hope this is not too much of a wishlist on a single message ;-).
Keep up the good work!
Customize Additional Rows of Keys
The additional row of keys is very nice, but it would be great if you could configure them further for different languages. For example, in Haskell, I have little need for the ';', but a much greater need for ':', so it would make sense if that were the center character. Additionally, it'd be nice to have the ability to add character combinations in those additional keys. To use Haskell again, inserting "->" or "::" with a single keystroke would be very nice.
Preview for Themes/ Specify syntax highlight colors?
Remote editing on the server files
Hi, I would like to be able to make edits on the remote version of the file so as soon I press save, the file on the remote is updated. And every time I open the file (while navigating in the remote directory), it fetches it from the remote server. I feel like that would be more efficient for me than making local copies and keeping them in sync.
Let me know what you think about this.
Amazing app BTW.
Insert Date Variable Into Template
It would be great if a you could use the date as a variable in a template. It could be useful in creating filenames that have date appended and also in inserting the date into the snippet itself. Something along the lines of %Y-%M-%D to achieve 2017-03-22
undo deleted files
deleted file move to trash and u can undo or restore this files
TextExpander Touch 2 Support
I would like to see TextExpander Touch 2 Support on the iPhone.
Keyboard usable in other programs
Hi there, I’d love to use the keyboard in other apps in addition to Textastic. Is this currently possible? If not, I’d happily pay for it as a separate app.
Launcher Center Pro - Support
Would it be possible to add integration/support for Launch Center Pro from AppCubby. I know there is already a custom URL scheme, but it would be nice to have the icon. And perhaps the ability to launch Textastic from a URL scheme, and copy the contents of the clipboard to a new file.
Thank you for an amazing piece of software.
Customer support service by UserEcho