In order to achieve this, we would appreciate any and all feedback on challenges encountered when using Textastic.
Please also have a look at the manual.
Be sure to vote for the features you want to see implemented!
Are you planning to release an update to better support iOS 8?
The current version of Textastic seems to work on my brand new iPhone 6+, but I think it deserves an "optimized" version, to make the most of the extra pixels and extra screen surface :-).
Here are, in my opinion, some things that could be improved:
- Decrease font size/height in file-choosers, to be able to display more files
- Upper and lower menus could be made significantly smaller, to save valuable space
- Maybe have a landscape iPhone 6+ dedicated mode, with a mini file-chooser on the left and the edit pane on the right (like on the iPad version)
- In landscape mode, the extra icon line (above the keyboard) does not take all the available room, which could be improved either by adding extra icons, or by increasing their size (by the way, why not implement a fully customized keyboard, now that Apple accepts this?)
- In landscape mode, the file transfer screen could be made to fit entirely on one screen, especially on iPhone 6+
That's it for today, I hope this is not too much of a wishlist on a single message ;-).
Keep up the good work!
The additional row of keys is very nice, but it would be great if you could configure them further for different languages. For example, in Haskell, I have little need for the ';', but a much greater need for ':', so it would make sense if that were the center character. Additionally, it'd be nice to have the ability to add character combinations in those additional keys. To use Haskell again, inserting "->" or "::" with a single keystroke would be very nice.
It would be great if a you could use the date as a variable in a template. It could be useful in creating filenames that have date appended and also in inserting the date into the snippet itself. Something along the lines of %Y-%M-%D to achieve 2017-03-22
Would it be possible to add integration/support for Launch Center Pro from AppCubby. I know there is already a custom URL scheme, but it would be nice to have the icon. And perhaps the ability to launch Textastic from a URL scheme, and copy the contents of the clipboard to a new file.
Thank you for an amazing piece of software.
If you change settings often (I often change tabs and word wrap), having to scroll back to the usually same setting is tiresome. Additionally, remembering the scrolled position in themes would also make it a lot faster to test them all.
When zooming text with the pinching gesture with two fingers, it should automatically adjust text position to match the screen edges and automatically reflow text to fit them. This is specially important on iPhone, as the screen space is very limited. It could be an option in the settings, to allow both ways.
The desired behaviour can be found, for instance, in an app named Permanote (formerly Nebulous Notes). You pinch the screen and the text adjusts its size and fits the screen, fowing in realtime.
Customer support service by UserEcho