Textastic is a text, code and markup editor for iPad and iPhone with rich support for syntax highlighting, FTP, SFTP and Dropbox. It will continue to be actively developed to provide you with the features you need to get your work done.

In order to achieve this, we would appreciate any and all feedback on challenges encountered when using Textastic.

Please also have a look at the manual.

Be sure to vote for the features you want to see implemented!
Answered
Raphael Sauvage 3 years ago in iPad • updated by Alexander Blach (Developer) 10 months ago 3
I bought this great software for my first gen iPad, and now I can't use it anymore. any chance of reporting a version that works on iOS 5?
James Lock 4 years ago in iPhone • updated 4 years ago 2

I can connect to several FTP servers except one (Which is the one i bought the app for).  After connecting and attempting to list or switch directories it shows the following in the log and alerts "'Transfer Error', Access denied to remote resource":

<snip>

<= Recv header, 0000000021 bytes (0x00000015)

0000: 230 User logged in.

=> Send header, 0000000005 bytes (0x00000005)

0000: PWD

<= Recv header, 0000000031 bytes (0x0000001f)

0000: 257 "/" is current directory.

== Info: Entry path is '/'

=> Send header, 0000000009 bytes (0x00000009)

0000: CWD :21

<= Recv header, 0000000034 bytes (0x00000022)

0000: 550 The parameter is incorrect. 

== Info: Server denied you to change to the given directory

== Info: Connection #0 to host swp0001mgt.server-web.com left intact

== Info: Access denied to remote resource

I have tried leaving remote folder blank, entering / or specifying the remote folder but none work, still the same error.  I have tried different encodings (UTF8, ASCII etc, server is engligh language), active and passing etc.

Works perfectly fine on PC using Filezilla (v3.6.0.2) whether i specify remote root folder or not.

I was going to request a refund but it does look like a good app with support so i want to try this avenue first.

Thanks

Momodonk 6 years ago • updated by Alexander Blach (Developer) 6 years ago 2
Cannot handle single quote embedded in double quote string. String colour highlight will continue until another single quote is found
Fernando Zevallos 5 years ago • updated 5 years ago 0
Currently Textmate and Coda have default tab width setting s of 5.
Could you kindly add this width setting as an choice? Just so my code matches.

Thanks a lot
fredramsey 6 years ago • updated 6 years ago 2
Bug: when you hit the select control, the start of the selection moves back one character. It should start where you have the cursor.
Anurag Mohanty 5 years ago • updated 5 years ago 0
Basic copy/sync with a CIFS or AFP mounted volume, much in the same way SFTP is implemented.
Ramon Hackbarth 5 years ago 0
When inserting a value above 1000 in automatic line break input, it's not longer possible to close configure-dialog. An error message or highlight would be helpful, because even when closing splitview and tapping on "files"-button, the configure-dialog comes up.

PS: An possiblity to complety deactivate line break would be nice :)
Under review
Josh Muccio 3 years ago in General • updated by Alexander Blach (Developer) 3 years ago 1
Not a bug
Adrian Edwards 2 years ago in iPhone • updated by Alexander Blach (Developer) 2 years ago 6
Any time i try to connect to my server or transfer files i set a message saying "failure when receiving data from the peer".

I have tried resetting the FTP password but to no avail. I am able to successfully use yahoo's web portal and FileZilla to connect to the server.