Opening 800kb json file crashes app

Steve Scott 11 years ago in iPad updated by Jaimie Malvi 5 years ago 3

I have an 800k json file in my project but Textastic freezes and doesn't return when trying to open it.

Under review

Binary Transfer Mode for FTP

Jeff MacKinnon 9 years ago in iPad updated 9 years ago 5
Other FTP clients I have used have allowed me to specify binary transfer mode for subsequent transfers (as opposed to ASCII transfer mode).  How do I do this in Textastic for iOS on iPads?

Thank you.

Crashing after period of continuous typing on external keyboard

Stuart Roebuck 12 years ago updated by Alexander Blach (Developer) 12 years ago 1
After a period of continuous typing I find that Textmate crashes. This happens with a reasonable degree of regularity.

When I am typing a lot I tend to be using the application with an external bluetooth keyboard. It's just possible that this is related to the issue, though I suspect it isn't.

Also, most of the time when I am typing a lot I am typing into markdown documents and this could be related to the bug but it may be a red herrring.

Bookmarklet for Safari and Textastic

Ramon Figueroa-Centeno 11 years ago updated by Tapsi 11 years ago 1

Aloha,

A bookmarklet in Safari that contains

javascript:window.location=%27textastic://%27+window.location.toString().replace(%27http://%27,%27%27)

Will download and open the current page in Textastic.

Ramón 

Fixed

File Browser not showing first file (Files, iOS 5 beta)

Hampus Persson 13 years ago updated by Alexander Blach (Developer) 13 years ago 1

iPad 1, iOS 5b6

When browsing in editor mode the topmost file in the browser is stuck behind the titlebar. In the pic enclosed there's a folder above "css" that can't be reached.

The problem does not exist in FTP-mode.

Thanks for a great piece of software!

Image 18 

Answer

This seems to be fixed in iOS 5 beta 7.

Hide additional keys when keyboard attached

David Spell 10 years ago in iPad updated by Alexander Blach (Developer) 10 years ago 1
This is a repeat of an issue reported fixed two years ago. Apparently, it's back. I just attached my Logitech Ultrathin keyboard, and I see the row of extra keys on the screen at the bottom. Unfortunately, this moves from being an annoyance to a bigger issue, if I display the navigation wheel and try to move the cursor with it. The reason is that there's no way to access the "down arrow" from the navigation wheel. An alternative way to handle this would be to allow the nav wheel to be moved around the screen (and away from the row of keys).

Please update new Official Dropbox Support

Dowl 12 years ago updated by Alexander Blach (Developer) 12 years ago 2
Days ago I find some apps  with Dropbox Support are work well for me (GoodReader ,SimpleMind+… All of them can't work under my network before), but Textastic still not. 

So I try to find the problem and notice Dropbox Official SDK already update.

Please update it, I really want this before months ago:
http://feedback.textasticapp.com/topic/79768-dropbox-over-https/

The app crashes when search is preformed ?

Alex Olsson 12 years ago updated by Alexander Blach (Developer) 12 years ago 1
App crash after search ?
Like if a JS file is loaded and a search for say a function is prefomed

autoconvert space to tabs

mrten 13 years ago updated by MB1001 12 years ago 2
automatically converting spaces into tabs is a big nono, can you please make that a setting?