Answered

Auto reopening my files

AlanTan 10 years ago in General updated 10 years ago 2
I bought Textastic not too long ago. But everytime I launch the application, it does not continue where I left off. I have to re-open my files again and again. Auto-reopening my files when I re-launch textastic would save us a lot of time. Or do I have to configure some setting to support auto reopening my files? Help.
Not a bug

.tmThemes in #Textastic not loading

Nick Ortakales 12 years ago updated by Alexander Blach (Developer) 9 years ago 5
I put a few .tmThemes in the #Textastic folder just as the manual instructed but they don't seem to load even after fully restarting the app. I tried some themes individually also, in case just 1 was broken, but none of them seem to work.

HTML 5 localStorage no longer works when previewing local files

chenglim_ear 12 years ago in iPad updated by Alexander Blach (Developer) 12 years ago 1

SFTP RSA not working - updated - yes it is

Shawn Wall 12 years ago 0

I've downloaded my RSA private key into the app and configured a SFTP connection via IP and custom port to a VPS. When I try to connect I get "Wrong passphrase or invalid/unrecognized private key file format". I've turned on debug but nothing gets logged. I use this same private key on my mac to SSH to the same VPS.

Update:

I had to enter my pass for the key. I was a little confused as I didn't see the text at the bottom stating this. Thanks for putting that there though!

Update remote file listing

Ramon Figueroa-Centeno 11 years ago updated by Alexander Blach (Developer) 11 years ago 1

A button to update a remote file listing would be nice.

This helps when the remote file listing changes, say, when one is collaborating with someone through a shared DropBox folder.

Under review

Refresh button in preview, please

fredramsey 10 years ago in General updated by Alexander Blach (Developer) 10 years ago 2
I write game pages that generate based on random numbers, and need to refresh multiple times to see results. Thanks!

external keyboard cursors do not move the screen directly

Bas Wegh 12 years ago in iPad updated by Alexander Blach (Developer) 12 years ago 1

when using an external bluetooth keyboard and typing the cursor down on the last line currently shown at the screen it takes some time until a few more lines are shown. 

It can't be the update speed of the file as sliding with the fingers works great. Just seems like some timeout to be removed when using external keyboards.

Answered

Prefered coding language

Fexxel 12 years ago updated by Alexander Blach (Developer) 11 years ago 16
Is there a way to create a surway on this forum to get an idea what language people are using most often with textastic?
If other people are asking about support for other langauges we would know how many people would benefit from it (average percentage is enough).
This would also help us to know what code completion should be worked on with higher priority.

If this needs a lot of time for setup, then never mind, but if it's only a tap away, these would be useful information.
Under review

Syntax Highlighting for openHAB projects

polarvogel 9 years ago in General updated by Alexander Blach (Developer) 9 years ago 1
I'd love to have syntax highlighting for openHAB projects because then I could work much faster from my iPad!
https://github.com/openhab/openhab/wiki/Syntax-Highlighting-for-external-editors
Under review

Find and Replace history and starred/favourites

Colin Wirt 13 years ago updated by Alexander Blach (Developer) 13 years ago 1
There are a few find and replace tasks I perform often.

They're generally fairly complex and tricky to type without an external keyboard or the Additional Keys panel or TextExpander which are both disabled in this UI.

Any chance we can have a find and replace history as well as being able to pin/star/favourite entries that we perform regularly.