Your comments
I had already answered your support email, maybe it went to the spam folder? Here is a copy of my reply:
Hello,
yes, currently folders are always shown first and sorted by name. Only files are sorted by date below.
Depending on the sort order you select, this works as follows:
- Sort by name: both folders and files are sorted alphabetically (ascending or descending, depending on your choice).
- Sort by date, extension, or size: files are sorted by that property, but folders remain sorted alphabetically by name.
So if you select “Sort by date (descending)”, files will appear with the most recent first, while folders are still listed at the top in alphabetical order.
This makes it easier to quickly locate folders, but I understand how this can feel unexpected if you were expecting the entire list to be sorted together like in the Files app.
I can see how sorting folders by the modification date of their contents would be useful.
Please try to restart your device. This should hopefully fix this issue.
Thanks for the suggestion. Could you explain a bit more about your use case for form feed characters and how you use them in your files? How do you enter a form feed control character on iPad/iPhone?
Currently Tab accepts the selected code completion (same as Return).
I could probably add a setting so that you can configure whether Tab accepts or selects the next completion.
I don't think I want to make this into a fully configurable keyboard shortcut.
What should happen if there is only one completion in the list? Should Tab do nothing or accept the completion?
This is now fixed in Textastic 10.9.5.
This is now fixed in Textastic 10.9.5.
Thanks for confirming!
Customer support service by UserEcho