In order to achieve this, we would appreciate any and all feedback on challenges encountered when using Textastic.
Please also have a look at the manual.
Be sure to vote for the features you want to see implemented!
Just an annoying behavior: when I open a file, I can't see the two first line, because of the bar that hides it. Something to do with that? And what is about the discussion of going up top, down end of the file, and on the beginning and the end of line?
However, thanks for your great job!
I got your brilliant app to allow me to keep working on my website via my iPad whilst away on an extended business. I have been able to set up the FTP connection and download my website without a problem, and I am able to edit html files then upload them via the quick upload functionality.
But (and I'm feeling a bit stupid that i can't work this out) I want to create a new html file locally, within the existing website structure that I have downloaded, then upload it to my web space. I've tried copying a local file and editing it, and I've created a new file, but I can't work out how to upload it. The quick upload dialogue doesn't work, I guess because the file wasn't downloaded in the first place - the option for uploading this file is missing - and I can't see how to create a remote connection for this new file.
Any advice would be gratefully received as I away from my desktop and my usual Dreamweaver capability for several weeks.
Stylesheets are still buggy when working with local files, background colors are not reflected in preview for example. This has been requested several times, it's not the markup there is a problem with local files.
- Create a new file
- Edit the file as markdown.
- Add a header 1 (put # in beginning of line)
- Add some paragraph text
- Add a header 2 (put ## in beginning of line)
- Add an new paragraph
- Add a header - when typing '#' the # key on screen keyboard freeze and app crashes.
Try to add some other characters on the same line instead and in between these add a '#' - no problem. When removing characters in front of the '#' until this character becomes the first on the line - freeze and crash again
Sometimes the navigation wheel will get stuck behind the keyboard. When you try to move it away from the keyboard the keyboard takes precedence. It becomes impossible to use the navigation will after this and you usually have to restart the program.
I think it would be good not to store passwords for SSH connections. But ask it on connection time. Or make it optional: if password field is empty, then ask user for password or passphrase for ssh key.
Because if I loose my iPad some people can get access for my server :(
Customer support service by UserEcho