Thanks to the latest 2.2 update, viewing Japanese text in the Textastic is much more comfortable than ever! But sadly, here we got an another problem with Japanese.
Adding more than 2000 (or around) characters of Japanese to the text makes the text view extremely slow and I can hardly type. Here's what I found when the text view is filled with Japanese characters:
- Scrolling through the text view full of Japanese feels a bit slower than that of English.
- Tapping user interface components (such as buttons) works as usual.
- Moving the cursor doesn't be affected by this problem.
- Only inserting or deleting characters in the text view is affected rendering the typing almost impossible.
[Edit] I've prepared a couple of sample text files to reproduce this problem. You can download them from my gist:
Customer support service by UserEcho