In order to achieve this, we would appreciate any and all feedback on challenges encountered when using Textastic.
Please also have a look at the manual.
Be sure to vote for the features you want to see implemented!
1. Usings, as well as corresponding assemblies
2. class, as well as default snippets, such as ctor and #region (need these badly)
(feature request copied from email by Jon Edlund)
It would be nice to be able to use Textastic to read source code from GitHub projects. Either live online, or better yet, be able to download the source code from a project to your iOS device.
It would be great to be able to upload a file from another device to the Textastic App directly using the WebDAV server. FTP On The Go Pro has this feature but Textastic is a way better editor.
This is already possible if both devices are in the same Wifi network:
- on device A, start Textastic's WebDAV server: https://www.textasticapp.com/v6/manual/lessons/Starting_the_WebDAV-Server.html
- on device B, use Textastic's WebDAV client to connect to the WebDAV server on device A:
- tap on the file transfer button (globe icon)
- tap on the "+" button and choose "WebDAV Connection"
- enter the WebDAV url of device A and enter the user name and password
- tap Done
- connect to the WebDAV server and navigate to the target folder
- select the local files you want to upload
- tap the Upload button
I hope this helps
Have the ability to select multiple parts of the document and edit it at the same time. Similar to a feature sublime text editor has.
fffx(); // undefined function
ggg.h() test $< // method on undefined function and then illegal tokens
Not to appear completely negative,the Navigator is epic, and your options for file interchange are best in class.
Oftentimes you want to use a previously used regular expression; other times you might have been working on a complex regular expression and want to go back working on it; or perhaps you were searching for specific phrases and the app crashed before you could find what you wanted. For these (and doubtless other) reasons, it would be very useful to have a history on the search and search/replace text fields.
I think it would be very clever to add the possibility to "save" in local files a link to an external file opened with iCloud Drive.
Using "Recent files" is a temporary fix, but having symlink-like entries in Textastic's local files (maybe with some sort of icon or different color) would clearly help me not to constantly reopen the same files from my repositories stored in Working Copy (via "Open...").
And if the file no longer exists, just display a popup and remove the link.
What do you think of this? Am I missing an obvious solution?
Thank you for your response.
Customer support service by UserEcho