Answered

SSH connection failed (Synology SFTP)

Bojan Mazej 10 years ago in iPad updated by Alexander Blach (Developer) 10 years ago 8
Can not connect to my server with IP address. My log file

== Info: Hostname was NOT found in DNS cache
== Info: Trying 19...
== Info: Connected to 19... (19...) port 22 (#29)
== Info: SSH MD5 fingerprint: 72fdssdsd1hdgh345edgre545yh6
== Info: SSH authentication methods available: publickey,password
== Info: Initialized password authentication
== Info: Authentication complete
== Info: Operation timed out after 0 milliseconds with 0 out of 0 bytes received
== Info: Closing connection 29

What i am doing wrong?

Answer

+1
PINNED
vSSH seems to be an SSH terminal client. If you can connect with it it doesn't necessarily mean that SFTP is enabled.

The Synology SSH server has SFTP disabled by default. You can enable it in DSM.

What do you see when you are in DSM and go to Control Panel -> File Services -> FTP -> SFTP?

Here's a screenshot of how that looks for me on DSM 5.0:

Under review
Does your SSH server have SFTP enabled? The SSH authentication, but then the operation times out.

Can you have a look at the server's log file?
Yes it does. On my iPad i have another ssh client and with this i can connect without troubles.
I will check that.
I could find anything about failed connection.
My server is of synology and i want ot connect through SSH to change the files. 
I can connect with iPad file vSsh with no problem only with username and password.
What can i do else?
+1
PINNED
vSSH seems to be an SSH terminal client. If you can connect with it it doesn't necessarily mean that SFTP is enabled.

The Synology SSH server has SFTP disabled by default. You can enable it in DSM.

What do you see when you are in DSM and go to Control Panel -> File Services -> FTP -> SFTP?

Here's a screenshot of how that looks for me on DSM 5.0:

Alex great, didnt know that, thnx for your help, now it works.
Awesome app.
Answered
It's great to hear that it works now!
Hi Alex! I hope I'm not hijacking this thread, but as I am getting a similar error with a standard OpenSSH subsystem, I thought we might as well keep this in one place. Let me know if you disagree.

I'm excited to use the app, but have the same error - auth succeeds, but times out after '0' milliseconds (realtime about 5 mins).

This differs from Bojan's issue in that this is a dedicated CentOS production SFTP server that is accessed by a multitude of people and SFTP/SCP clients. Again, we are using the standard internal (openssh) SFTP server routine, i.e. "Subsystem sftp internal-sftp" in /etc/ssh/sshd_config

Thoughts on why this I'm unable to connect in this case?
It would be better to discuss this in a new thread or by email (support@textasticapp.com) as this topic is specifically for problems with Synology devices.

A screenshot of your connection settings and log files (Textastic log and server logs) might help.