+41
Completed

File Management

Martin Hasenbein 13 years ago updated by Alexander Blach (Developer) 13 years ago 8 1 duplicate
I've added a few files, but now I would like to organize them into folders. I can create folders, but I ca'nt move my files in these folders. It would be nice to get this ability.

Answer

Answer
Completed
This is implemented for Textastic 2.0:

I added a "Move" button next to the "Delete" button that will allow you to move files and folders to other folders.

It's also be possible to rename and copy files and folders.
Duplicates 1
Customer Feature Request: ability to copy a folder
Customer Feature Request: copy a file without having to open it, copy the contents, create a new file, paste...
Answer
Completed
This is implemented for Textastic 2.0:

I added a "Move" button next to the "Delete" button that will allow you to move files and folders to other folders.

It's also be possible to rename and copy files and folders.
Hi Alex, woukd it be possible the same feature in ftp side, when we have large files it is needed uploading them to a temp folder and after that MOVE it to the specific folder.
The move list presents too many items - because I have many libs and archived projects. Please reimplement this move list as a sliding columnar browser.
Thanks, I'll consider it. I implemented it this way because that's how Apple's Mail implements the move command. But of course you're likely to have more file system folders than mail folders.
I actually came across this app when looking for a good ftp client. I know the focus of this app is text editing but honestly this is probably the slickest ftp client in the app store. The one thing it is missing for me, however, is the ability to move files on the ftp server. Is this a feature that you are considering adding? Great app.
Thanks, I'll consider it. Chmod is also a command that's missing from the ftp client.

Currently, you have to download the files and upload them again to move them to a different folder on the server.