+87
Completed

Show a list of functions/class methods

Alexander Blach (Developer) 13 years ago updated 12 years ago 5
Customer request by mail:

"The app could maintain a watch-list of variable names and/or user-functions on the top-right (detected through the source code entered) and users can insert variables/functions at cursor position by tapping on the list items."
Version 3.0

Answer

+1
Answer
Completed
I have implemented the symbol list from TextMate for Textastic 3.0.

Here's how this looks with an Objective-C file:

Although it is a little different from title , I want to jump definition or use of function, or variable in another file such as Vim or Emacs do with ctags.

I think it is too heavy for iPad to make lists of function and variable in some situations.
So, preparing data(ex: ctags, csv, .sqlite) as list is better than Textastic make it.
Code viewer app does that! It is a nifty feature for long source codes... You can get the idea from Textmate lower right method/class menu. :)
How about a simpler interim step? Do like notepad++ and just highlight all other instances of the current text selection: it's a great way of seeing where a variable/function name pops up in the code
+1
Answer
Completed
I have implemented the symbol list from TextMate for Textastic 3.0.

Here's how this looks with an Objective-C file:

Thank you very much for this feature - nevertheless I have a comment.
I am implementing mainly in C++ using clear, long class names. When I open the list, I sometimes get only the part of the class name and no part of the method. For me it would be very helpful to have the method name first and the class name e.g in brackets afterwards - or switch off the class name completely...

Can you send me a screenshot and an example file to support@textasticapp.com so I can see the problem?